Marut Shah focuses his legal practice on commercial and residential real estate transactions, leasing, and entrepreneurial start-ups.
With respect to real estate, Marut has advised clients on purchases and sales of residential and commercial properties, including hotels, gas stations, strip malls, self-storage facilities, multi-units, single-family residences and condominiums. Marut’s “deal book” consists over 100 properties. Most recently, Marut’s experience has included the following:
- Representing a Seller on a 12-unit multi-family property in Calumet City;
- Representing a Seller of a 52-room franchised hotel located in Morton Grove;
- Negotiating and settling liens on a distressed commercial property and navigating through partnership disputes related to the same prior to the sale of a hotel property;
- Representing a Seller of a self-storage facility in Elgin;
- Negotiating and drafting a Purchase and Sale Agreement for a Seller of a $3 million-dollar shopping center in Arlington Heights; and
- Drafting and negotiating over 20 commercial leases for strip malls, gas stations and other commercial facilities in Chicagoland.
In addition to his real estate experience, Marut advises entrepreneurs and start-ups establish their corporate foundations. Marut has advised inventors, founders and other executives in various industries, including food and beverage, real estate and cosmetics.
Marut is active in the community and serves as pro bono counsel to various individuals. During law school, Marut also volunteered for Illinois Legal Aid (ILAO) , a nonprofit legal services provider.
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D. 2015
- DePaul University, B.S. Finance and Economics, 2011, Cum Laude