Furqan Mohammed is a legal advisor and advocate who takes the time to understand the business of his clients. Prior to founding MST Law, Furqan litigated and advised national clients at one of the largest law firms in the United States. Furqan’s legal experience covers a broad range of practice areas, including contracts, corporate governance, secured transactions, business torts, trade secrets and non-compete agreements. Furqan has handled all aspects of litigation representation, from pre-litigation demand letters through trial. Furqan is also a trained mediator and utilizes that skillset when beneficial to his clients’ interests.
Furqan’s career has shifted in recent years to that of a strategist; he helps his clients—who hail from various industries, including transportation, lending, real estate, medical and technology—understand and resolve their legal issues in a practical and efficient manner. Furqan has also developed a niche practice representing businesses that focus on halal, Muslim-centric and/or Shariah-compliant products and services. Furqan is also the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Islamic Wills USA, a subsidiary of MST Law, that focuses on Islamic estate planning services.
Furqan has published numerous articles in the transportation and halal industries and he has been interviewed by local and national media outlets for his legal work, including the New York Times, ABC, WGN, The Houston Chronicle, and NPR Radio. Furqan also has testified in city council on sensible taxi regulations in the age of rideshare on behalf of the taxi industry, and he was featured in his alma mater law school’s Alumni Spotlight for his work with struggling taxi medallion owners in Chicago.
Furqan’s value to his clients has been recognized time and time again. He has been distinguished as an Illinois “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine for five consecutive years, identified on the Lawyer of Color’s Second Annual “Hot List” for the Midwest Region, and received pro bono awards from Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS) and the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic (DVLC) for his work with the indigent South Asian community and victims of domestic violence, respectively.
Furqan graduated summa cum laude from Loyola University Chicago in 2008 and magna cum laude from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2011, where he served as the President of the Muslim Law Students Association (MLSA). Furqan frequently presents on a range of legal and Islamic law topics for lawyers, law students, and the general public. Furqan also serves as a head middle school basketball coach at Northridge Preparatory School, a private Catholic school, in Niles.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Highest GPA in Division, December 2011, Loyola Law Journal, Staff Editor; Loyola International Law Review, Executive Editor of Articles
- Loyola University Chicago, B.S., Psychology, summa cum laude, 2008
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Perkins Coie LLP, Chicago, IL, Associate, 2012-2017, Summer Associate 2011
- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s Office, Chicago, IL, Law Clerk, 2010
- North American Spine Society, Burr Ridge, IL, Law Clerk, 2010
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, IL, Research Assistant, 2010
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. Ronald A. Guzmán, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2009