Furqan Mohammed’s legal experience spans a broad range of practice areas, including personal injury, medical malpractice, estate planning, real estate, contract drafting/negotiation, and commercial litigation. Furqan also serves as go-to counsel for clients in the transportation, real estate, medical and technology industries.
Furqan is also a widely recognized taxi industry expert, having given countless media interviews and statements to media outlets such as the New York Times, WTTW, ABC, WGN, and NPR Radio. Furqan also has testified in the city council on sensible taxi regulations on behalf of the taxi industry, and he was featured in his alma mater law school’s Alumni Spotlight for his work with struggling taxi medallion owners in Chicago.
Furqan’s value to his clients has been recognized time and time again. He has been distinguished as an Illinois “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine for six consecutive years (2016 through 2021), identified on the Lawyer of Color’s Second Annual “Hot List” for the Midwest Region, and received pro bono awards from Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (CVLS) and the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic (DVLC) for his work with the indigent South Asian community and victims of domestic violence, respectively.
Furqan graduated summa cum laude from Loyola University Chicago in 2008 and magna cum laude from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2011, where he served as the President of the Muslim Law Students Association (MLSA). Furqan frequently presents on a range of legal topics for lawyers, law students, and the general public. In his spare time, Furqan also serves as a head middle school basketball coach at his alma mater Northridge Preparatory School, a private Catholic school.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Highest GPA in Division, December 2011, Loyola Law Journal, Staff Editor; Loyola International Law Review, Executive Editor of Articles
- Loyola University Chicago, B.S., Psychology, summa cum laude, 2008
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Perkins Coie LLP, Chicago, IL, Associate, 2012-2017, Summer Associate 2011
- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s Office, Chicago, IL, Law Clerk, 2010
- North American Spine Society, Burr Ridge, IL, Law Clerk, 2010
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, IL, Research Assistant, 2010
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. Ronald A. Guzmán, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2009