Amro Shamaileh is an experienced corporate, estate planning and real estate lawyer who helps individuals and business clients across a broad array of industries. A description of Amro’s experiences in each practice area is set forth below.
Amro serves as outside corporate counsel for a variety of businesses, including medical practices, real estate investors, software companies, supply chain companies, construction contractors, mosques and other nonprofits. From the initial decision to incorporate, to day-to-day governance, through an eventual sale or merger, Amro has been the “first call” for these clients. More specifically, Amro’s corporate experience includes the following:
- Corporate counsel for several medical practices throughout the Chicagoland area;
- Represent a mosque with over 1500 members with respect to its organizational paperwork and corporate governance;
- Negotiated the sale of a high revenue-generating medical practice in the Chicagoland area; and
- Represented a travel agency in restructuring its contracts with its vendors to more efficiently connect the agency’s customers with the vendors and limit the agency’s potential liability.
Where the most efficient and effective path to resolution lies outside Amro’s experience, Amro will engage additional counsel and quarterback the division of work to ensure the clients’ goals are achieved efficiently and effectively. Clients trust Amro’s experience and judgment to do what is best for their business.
Estate Planning Experience:
Amro has helped countless families and individuals protect their wealth, minimize taxes and plan for the transfer of wealth. Amro has also counseled fiduciaries and beneficiaries on the administration of trusts, their decedents’ estates, and through the probate process. Amro’s estate planning experience includes the following:
- Assisted a high net-worth family in reducing its potential estate tax liability by hundreds of thousands through the use of a credit shelter trust;
- Assisted a family in protecting its family home from potential creditors and preserving the home for their children;
- Administered a decedent’s estate ensuring that the spouse retained her spousal right to inheritance to the exclusion of creditors; and
- Protected a decedent’s estate from a nearly $50,000 income tax liability by administering the estate pursuant to a plan that minimizes the aggregate tax liability of the estate and beneficiaries.
Real Estate Experience:
Amro helps clients invest in, own, lease, develop and dispose of commercial and residential real estate. Amro has helped close the deal for sophisticated businesses, experienced real estate investors, and first-time home buyers. Amro’s recent experience includes the following:
- Represented a buyer who was purchasing a four-unit residential investment property in Addison, Illinois;
- Represented a seller in the short sale of his commercial property, which required obtaining permission from the lender, and negotiating a dissolution or transfer of existing contracts on the property;
- Counseled clients in the purchases and sales of residential real estate totaling over $10 million in the aggregate.
Pro Bono Experience:
Amro also serves as pro bono counsel to various nonprofits, including the Hayat Clinic (a free medical clinic on Chicago’s north side) and the Palestinian Student Scholarship Fund (PSSF), which partners with Israel’s University of Haifa to award scholarships to deserving students in Palestine.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D, 2012
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., Mathematics, 2009
Bar and Court Admissions